Are you suffering from a cold or sore throat? You do not have to worry because you can deal with the problem from the comfort of your home without having to seek for medical assistance or going to the chemist to buy drugs. There are a wide range of home remedies for cold you can use to get rid of the cold and prevent other related ailments. The good thing about the home remedies is that they help eliminate the symptoms immediately unlike the artificial drugs that take some times to cure the health problem.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFMyYkjLs8″ width=”200″ height=”200″]
Cold or Sore Throat Home Remedies
Garlic tea is a well known for strengthening the immune system. It is effective in treating cold or sore throat because it has both antibacterial and antiviral properties that make it effective to cure cold, flu and coughs. One of the best ways to take full advantage of the healing power of garlic is to take fresh garlic tea. All you need to do is to sweeten it with a little raw honey to make it delicious and boost its power to heal the cold
- Peel two to three cloves of fresh garlic and crush them lightly.
- Add them to two cups of water and allow it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for another fifteen minutes.
- Strain the garlic and let the tea cool down to a temperature that is right for the mouth.
- Add the raw honey, squeeze a lemon juice and drink as much as you can.
Honey and red onion cough syrup
This is another home remedy for both adults and children suffering from cold or flu. Prepare it using the following procedure.
- Peel, wash and slice the whole onion horizontally.
- Starting with the base of the onion, arrange the slices in a bowl alternating with layers of the honey or brown sugar. However, raw honey that has healing properties is more effective.
- Continue adding the layers of the onion and sweetener until the onion is fully reconstructed in the bowl.
- Cover and let the sweetened onion remain in the bowl on your counter for twelve to fifteen hours. The next day, you will get one cup or more of the syrup in the bowl.
This syrup contains a range of nutrients, minerals and vitamins from the onion and the honey that help to reduce the cough and sooth the sore throat. Take a spoonful of the syrup as required. The good thing about this syrup is that it does not have the taste of the onion that may make it taste poor when taken.