Standard First Aid Courses in Coquitlam
The most popular first aid course in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, including the tri-cities and Coquitlam area, is standard first aid. This two day course provides participants with plenty of learning time to grasp the major emergencies / incidents that could arise requiring first aid and / or CPR. With a maximum number of students to teachers at a ratio of 18 to 1 participants are sure to get plenty of one on one time during the day course. Participants that want to ensure they get the most out of their training should register with VFA (Vancouver First Aid) at it’s Coquitlam training centre.
What Will I Learn in a Standard First Aid Course in Coquitlam?
Individuals registered in the two day Red Cross course will learn about the following:
- CPR and AED rescue techniques
- Breathing and circulatory emergencies including asthma, anaphylaxis, heart attacks, angina and hyperventilation
- Primary and secondary survey’s
- Management of internal and external bleeding emergencies including abrasions, contusions, amputations and embedded objects
- Management of skeletal injuries including broken bones, dislocations and fractures
- Head and neck injuries including spinals
- Environmental emergencies including heat stroke, heat exhaustion, hypothermia and frost bite
- Hands on and hands off head to toe checks
- 5 rights of medication
- the History of the Red Cross
- Management and recognition of shock
These and many more topics are covered in the standard first aid course.
What Other Services Are Available with VFA in Coquitlam?
Participants can also register for a number of other services with this provider including:
- N95 and other 3M Mast fit tests
- On-line and in classroom food safe level 1 certification
- First aid and CPR re-certification courses
- Stand-alone CPR courses
- Infant CPR courses
- First aid and safety audits
- Lifesaving Society courses
- WHMIS and TDG training
Visit the website at http://vancouverfirstaid.ca for more information or to register for a course
Register for a Course Today
Learn a wide range of skills by enrolling in a comprehensive standard first aid and CPR course in Coquitlam. Learn to take charge during an emergency and build confidence by taking a course today. Registration is limited and classes do fill. Registration is available on-line, in person, via chat, telephone or by email. Visit the site today for more information.